A Visitor’s Guide to Denmark, WA
Situated on the Wilson Inlet, in the Great Southern Region of Western Australia, Denmark is a coastal holiday destination that has been very popular with residents of Perth for many years. It is an area of natural beauty that has remained relatively unspoiled, thanks to the efforts of local residents and hospitality companies alike, and that offers visitors a diverse range of things to see and do throughout the year.
The beautiful sandy beaches, gracefully meandering Denmark River, tree-covered hills and lush valleys that can be found here not only provide numerous species of birds with the ideal environment in which to live, they also ensure that visiting holidaymakers have a wealth of choice when it comes to places to stay. Whether you are planning a traditional family beach holiday or you would like to spend a few days relaxing in tranquil surroundings with a loved one, you are sure to find somewhere that is perfect for you in Denmark.
Planning Your Itinerary
With so many things to see and do in this particular region, it is a good idea to sit down and draw up a basic itinerary before you depart for your holiday. Whether you are planning a one-off couples spa retreat or a series of weekend getaways in WA, you will be able to squeeze more in if you plan ahead. Below are just a few suggestions of things to do and places to see that you might like to include in your next Denmark holiday itinerary.
- William Bay National Park – There are a number of national parks within easy reach of Denmark, one of the most beautiful of which can be found in William Bay. Thanks to the natural reef formed by the weathered granite boulders that protect Greens Pool beach from the swell of the Southern Ocean, this is a great place for a gentle swim in the sea. It is also a prime location from which to watch the sunset at the end of a fun day in Denmark, WA.
- Denmark Chocolate Company – Just 8 kilometers from Chimes Spa, this is a fantastic destination for couples who are on a romantic break. With the very first licensed chocolate lounge in the state, it is the ideal location for a decadent afternoon of conspicuous chocolate consumption, washed down with some of the fine wines that are produced in this part of Australia. Once you have sampled a little of every type of chocolate on offer, you can stock up on your favourite handmade treats, ready to take back with you when you head home.
- Denmark Maze – Another local attraction that is just a few minutes drive from our beautiful spa retreat, this bush maze is a fun place to visit for children and adults alike. If you are traveling as a couple, weekend getaways may be primarily about spending time in relaxed surroundings away from the pressures of work but there should always be a little time set aside for fun too and during such times, a visit to Denmark Maze is a terrific idea. It won’t take you hours to complete: its the type of maze that is an amusing diversion when you have a little time to spare and fancy doing something different in pleasant surroundings.
- Denmark River – The waterway from which the town and region takes its name, Denmark River is a beautiful local attraction that is popular with visitors of all ages. Whether you take a picnic to enjoy on the tree-lined banks or hire a kayak to explore the river in greater detail, you are sure to enjoy the time that you spend in this tranquil part of town. A 2-man canoe or kayak can be rented locally and is the perfect waterborne transportation for couples who wish to spend time communing with nature during their weekend getaway in Denmark.
- Ocean Beach – Around 20 minutes from Chimes, this is the closest beach to the town of Denmark and is a great place to learn how to surf or to hone your skills if you already know what you are doing. If you are not into surfing or you are simply in the mood for a more relaxing holiday, you can just lay back and soak up the rays on the beautiful white sands at Ocean Beach.
If you are trying to find the perfect accommodation for weekend getaways from Perth, Chimes Spa Retreat has everything you could possibly need for a romantic break with your partner: spacious, air-conditioned rooms, a full-service spa & beautifully-maintained pool, and all the other amenities you would expect in a luxury boutique resort. To make a booking or to enquire about availability and pricing, please do not hesitate to call during business hours or to send us an email at any time.